Are you sure you need to contact us directly?
We're happy to receive any genuine feedback or enquiries, and will do our best to reply to e-mails. However, those replies are written by volunteers with limited time. Around three quarters of e-mail questions we receive are answered on this web site, so please read the notes below before mailing us, and let us concentrate on helping people who can't look up the answers for themselves. Thanks.
- If you have a general question about CDC (what we do, who can join), then please take a look at the about the club pages.
- If you're looking for general information about classes then please check the classes page.
- If you want to know when your class will be running, please check our current class timetable.
- If you'd like directions to one of our city centre venues, please check the list of venues.
- If you want to know about competitive events, please check the competitions page.
- If you're looking for the teams' previous results, please refer to either the dancesport or rock'n'roll pages.
- If you want the chance to join a team and compete for Cambridge, then see the CUDT and CURnR pages.
- If you are a corporate visitor looking to hire either of the dance teams for a demonstration, then see the dancesport and rock'n'roll team pages. The teams are also interested in receiving offers of sponsorship.
We will not send unsolicited advertising to our mailing list. Please don't ask us to, as refusal may offend.
You will normally be added to the members mailing list when you register to join. But a few email providers block all bulk emails. So you may have to check your spam folder to unblock club announcements.
If you don't want to join the CDC at the moment but do want to receive emailed announcements of our events during the year, you can subscribe yourself to our mailing list for interested non-members (by clicking on that link). You will then have to reply to the confirmation email you receive.
If you want to unsubscribe from our mailing lists you *must* use the exact form of your email address which you originally used to subscribe to them, not some forwarded or modified version (eg gmail is not the same as googlemail and academic sub-department addresses are not the same as generic cam.ac.uk ones). Our system can only recognise automatically the information you gave it. If you no longer have access to your originally specified email address then you'll need to request a manual removal.
Contact the webmaster with as many of your former details as you can remember (especially if you also changed your name!) so we can accurately identify your record and remove it for you. If your memory has gone completely blank, you should be able to find the redirection information in the full headers of the email you received. Consult the help pages or manual of your mailing software for how to retrieve those.
If you have checked these pages and still haven't found the answer to your question then our general contact address is firstname.lastname@example.org. E-mails sent to this address go to several members of our organising committee, who will reply or direct your enquiry appropriately.
If you are a professional contact or university official and need to reach a specific member of our executive committee privately, we will tell you their direct contact address on request. (We do not advertise many of these publicly.) There is a list of the current executive officers.
For genuinely urgent enquiries, please use the address above, so we can reply to you quickly even if the relevant officer is unavailable.
If you have found a problem with the website or mailing lists, or have a suggestion on how to improve it, the webmaster can be contacted at email@example.com.