Cambridge Dancers' Club
Christmas 2013 Holiday Classes
We are currently out of term time. As usual, General Dancing continues throughout the holidays apart from Friday 27th December - when the University Centre is closed.
In addition, there will be 2 more weeks of Paul's Advanced Ballroom and Latin class - on Monday 9th and 16th of December from 7pm to 8:30pm but in Parkside gym rather than the Stoneyard Centre. NB This class may also be suitable for other Intermediate-Advanced dancers. Meanwhile, for the rest of the evening of Monday 9th and all of Tuesday 10th December from 6pm to 9:45pm, Parkside gym will be available for CUDT practice.
Lent 2014 Classes
Our next term of classes begins on Monday 13th January 2014. Expect to see the new timetable up on the website early in January.
We still have some club T-shirts for sale - at £10 each. See a committee member (ideally at St.Columba's) to purchase one.
The certificates and medal plaques for 2013 are available for collection at St.Columba's.
The current plan for next year is to hold the tests on Sunday 27th April 2014. If you would like to try for a dance qualification and are not already in Clive's class, check the example medal routines on the Revision Notes page to see which figures you know and what medal level you might be able to take.
If you don't want to join the CDC at the moment but do want to receive emailed announcements of our events during the year, you can subscribe yourself to our mailing list for interested non-members (by clicking on that link). You will then have to reply to the confirmation email you receive.
See our links page for other dance groups (with their own classes and events) and suppliers of dance equipment etc.
Non-CDC activities in the immediate space-time vicinity include:
- On Wednesday 1st January from 1pm to 7pm at the Royal Festival Hall in London, there's a free dancing event.
- Cambridge Cuban Salsa is operating the Thursday Salsa Social Club and the Sunday Salsa Lounge.
- Ola De Calor salsa social dancing from 8:30pm to 10:30pm on Sunday evenings at The Salisbury Club, 272 Mill Rd, Cambridge CB1 3NF.
- Ceroc on Monday evenings at the University Sports & Social Club on Mill Lane.
- The LindyHoppers have classes and social events on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
- There will be Guildhall Tea Dances on the Wednesday of 18th December 2013.
- Tea Dances of a similar nature occur regularly in many villages around Cambridge (eg out at Prickwillow). The next Cherry Hinton ones are Thursday 5th December (1:30pm-4pm) and 19th December (from 1pm) in the Village Centre.