Cambridge Dancers' Club
We are currently out of term-time. Our Michaelmas term of classes is over. Our Lent term will start mid-January. Make sure you check the timetable, the venue list and our pricing structure; so you know where to go, when to get there and what to bring. To save time at classes or events, you might want to print off and complete a membership form in advance.
Meanwhile, Friday evening's free general dancing session at the University Centre continues outside term time, apart from 26th December and 2nd January when the Centre itself is closed. You do not need CDC membership to come along and join us there if you want to dance or merely to watch. There's no official tuition at these social events but there are usually some experienced dancers around who are willing to show beginners a few steps.
The various DanceSport practice sessions on the timetable are also available to non-team members on payment of a termly subscription of £25 per person, which covers access to any or all of them during that term, or a one-off price of £3 per person per session. Though, if you attend the Tuesday Latin practice at Kelsey Kerridge, you will also need to pay KK's own day membership fee. To purchase a practice subscription for this term, please speak to a committee member.
If you are already on the DanceSport teams or are hoping to be selected, you may be able to arrange for a private lesson with one of the team coaches. Contact the CUDT Secretary to book a specific time slot. Non-team people should contact the new CDC competitive group.
This academic year's Cuppers competition (held in the Michaelmas term) was won by a team from St.John's.
We still have some club T-shirts for sale - at £10 each. See a committee member (ideally at St.Columba's) to purchase one.
If you don't want to join the CDC at the moment but do want to receive emailed announcements of our events during the year, you can subscribe yourself to our mailing list for interested non-members (by clicking on that link). You will then have to reply to the confirmation email you receive.
See our links page for other dance groups (with their own classes and events) and suppliers of dance equipment etc.
Non-CDC activities in the immediate space-time vicinity include:
- Cambridge Cuban Salsa is operating the Thursday Salsa Social Club and the Sunday Salsa Lounge.
- Ceroc on Monday evenings at the University Sports & Social Club on Mill Lane.
- The LindyHoppers have classes and social events on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings.
- There is both English and Scottish country dancing in town.
- There will be a Tea Dance at the Guildhall on Wednesday 3rd December from 1pm to 4pm.
- Tea Dances of a similar nature occur regularly in many villages around Cambridge (eg out at Prickwillow). The next Cherry Hinton ones are Thursday 4th and 18th December from 1:30pm to 4pm in the Village Centre.